Whether you want to become a doctor or a dancer, an accountant or an architect, the Miss America Organization has an opportunity that will help bring you closer to achieving your goals. To become Miss America, a contestant must first win a local competition and then compete to represent her state, a process requiring personal commitment, hard work and talent. A woman may compete as a state titleholder only once at the national Miss America competition. More than twelve thousand young women participate each year in the local and state events, culminating in the selection of 52 national finalists who vie for the Miss America. Tens of thousands of volunteers organize the local and state preliminary competitions, promoting community involvement throughout the United States and furthering scholarship and achievement among young women in their communities. It does not cost a cent to compete in the Miss America program – all you need is commitment, perseverance, talent and ambition.
New to pageants? Don’t worry, the Miss Northern Virginia team will help you through the process to ensure that your first pageant experience is fun and enjoyable.
Becoming a Contestant Fast Facts
There is no entry fee to compete for Miss Northern Virginia. To compete you must:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24 (A high school graduate and no older than twenty-four (24) years of age)
- Be a United States citizen.
- Never have been married
- Be born a female
- Meet eligibility requirements for competing in Virginia (A contestant must be a resident of city/town/state for a least six months preceding the date of the local pageant in which she wishes to compete OR must have fulfilled eligibility requirements by educational status or employment.)
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Miss Virginia Organizations
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the Miss Northern Virginia Scholarship Organization
- Raise funds for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH)
Miss Contestants – Phases of Competition
- Private Interview with a Personal Platform – 25%
- Physical Fitness in Swimsuit – 10%
- Talent up to 90 seconds in length – 30%
- Evening Wear in gown of choice – 15%
- On-Stage Question – 20%
Interested? Subscribe to Miss NoVA News to be informed about our upcoming events.
Miss Northern Virginia’s Applications can be completed and uploaded online!!
We are pleased to announce that Miss Northern Virginia Organization will be using the exciting new Web based Pageant Application System called Pagestry!!
Miss Northern Virginia Pageant – February 26th, 2017 @ the Sheraton Tysons Corner, Tysons, VA
- Go to www.Pagestry.com and use the Promo Code: 2017MissNova
- Create a Pagestry Profile (If you don’t already have one)
- Click Search to locate the Miss NoVA/Capitol Region/Tysons listing
- Submit your Preliminary Application
- Upon Approval of your basic information, you will receive the required forms – just complete and upload into your Pagestry profile.
Did You Know?
Each point of the Four Point crown represents Scholarship, Service, Style and Success!